Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Crying Game

A different meaning when it comes to babies. OMG, I thought that after all I went through with the diabetes and the pre-eclampsia and chaotic delivery that I would be spared a colicky child. She is a crybaby!

Well, I don't really know if she has colic. She just cries. A lot. But when she doesn't, she's so sweet. So alert and curious, making the most hilarious faces. They say a colicky baby is one who cries 3 hours a day, at least 3 days a week for at least 3 weeks. Spitty cries here and there every day, usually in the late afternoon/evening which is pretty common I hear. She's been doing this since the last week of May. I can calm her down using a variety of techniques and sometimes they don't work at all. It's that she just can't seem to be awake and not cry for any significant length of time without being held. We can't put her in bouncy seat for more than 30 minutes before she fusses. She won't sit in her crib quietly watching the mobile. With her, it's constant motion and attention. It seems like she gets bored easily.

My mother says I was a crier. This shocked me because I've always considered myself a very quiet person. I hope to god that this is just a phase (like, 3 months worth is the average time) and Spitty will grow out of it. I don't have much patience for someone like me, hehehe.

The crying's enough to send a person to the bottle. HELLO, Tanq and Tonic!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd comparison here, I was a very quiet good baby, and then a very loud and exuberant child and adult.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my daughter "came out crying and hasn't quit vocalizing since". she's 9.5 yo. she cried a *lot* the first few months, especially at 10 and 11 pm. eek! but things settled into "adorable". :-)

Wednesday, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son wouldn't sleep unless he was held, so I used a baby carrier. Maybe that or a sling would give you more freedom and calm her down?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006  
Blogger sarah / knot another hat said...

I went through the toxemia and chaotic delivery and too got a colicky infant . . . but the good news was that after she grew out of the colick, she was the best sleeper. I stopped telling other moms how well she slept because they didn't really appreciate hearing about it...:) Good luck!

Saturday, August 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» »

Saturday, August 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home